Skip to product information
1 of 11

Happy Sponge - made from Konjac plant - antibacterial/biodegradable/healthier/natural/earth friendly (Sale Price: $19.54 CAD)

Happy Sponge - made from Konjac plant - antibacterial/biodegradable/healthier/natural/earth friendly (Sale Price: $19.54 CAD)

Regular price $22.99 CAD
Regular price Sale price $22.99 CAD
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Sale Price will be displayed in your shopping cart after the item is selected. 

Happy Sponge is the healthy and Earth-Friendly way to clean. It is the Biodegradable and Antibacterial sponge made for the 21st century. 

  • Happy Sponge is made from the ‘Konjac’ plant, meaning it is 100% non-toxic and safe to use
  • Happy Sponge is antibacterial and will help prevent nasty germs, bacteria and mold from growing on it.
  • Happy Sponge doesn’t leak toxins, microplastics or chemicals onto your dishes or skin making it much safer and healthier than a plastic sponge.
  • Happy Sponge is 100% Biodegradable and will completely break down within a few months. Our packaging is also 100% plastic free and biodegradable! 
  • Happy Sponge can be safely used for 4 – 6 weeks before needing to be replaced.
  • Happy Sponge helps save water and dish soap by being more absorbent than a traditional plastic sponge.
  • Happy Sponge has two sides, soft and hard. To make sure you can clean a wide range of kitchenware. The soft layer is perfect for dinner plates, cups and other “gentle” washing jobs, while the hard layer is designed to bust through deposits of thick, “caked on” food that required scrubbing. Enjoy clean dishes without scratching your fine china, all in one incredible sponge.
  • A percentage of every item sold goes to helping remove plastic trash from our Oceans. We are dedicated to cleaning the earth, one Sponge at a time

Have you looked at your plastic dish sponge recently? How does it smell? How does it look? Chances are it stinks! And while you might not be able to see it with your naked eye, it’s probably full of nasty bacteria and mould too! Food from previous washes combined with stagnant water makes most plastic sponges a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. With the growing of mould and bacteria starting within just a day of opening a new plastic sponge.






Traditional plastic sponges have been the household standard for washing dishes and the body since the 1950’s. However it has become increasingly clear through new studies that plastic sponges are not only terrible for the environment, but are also harmful to our health. A plastic household sponge is typically used by a household for 2 weeks of daily use before being discarded and can take over 52,000 years to fully break down! Adding even further to your household plastic waste. 




Not only that, but typical plastic household sponges leak microplastics, toxins, chemicals, synthetic oils and are rife with mould and bacteria, often spreading more germs than they clean up. Overall, a traditional plastic household sponge is terrible for the environment and our health.

It’s time for an upgrade to this 70 year old technology!

This is where ‘Happy Sponge’ saves the day. Happy Sponge is made from 100% natural and organic plant fibers from the ‘Konjac’ plant which is also edible, making the ‘Happy Sponge’ extremely safe for all uses, including on the body. The Happy Sponge is also infused with Bamboo Charcoal which gives it it’s antibacterial properties to keep mold and bacteria at bay.

Happy Sponge also helps you save water and dish soap too. From dry, Happy Sponge will absorb enough water to grow more than 2x its original size. Soaking up all this water means more water is absorbed and more soap suds created. Just 2-3 drops of detergent is all you need for a full sink of dirty dishes!

The Happy Sponge will last for around 4 – 6 weeks of daily use. As Happy Sponge is antibacterial and all natural, continued use over time will not impact your health like a traditional plastic sponge. No microplastics, no toxins, no chemicals and no bacteria or mold!

Best of all, when your finished with your ‘Happy Sponge’ you can throw it away  in the trash or put it in your compost bin, guilt free, knowing it will completely decompose within a few months. Leaving nothing but nutrients for plant and animal life to thrive on.


View full details